Saturday, February 28, 2009

An Escalating Dilemma

I visit teach a dear friend who is preparing to go to the temple for the first time. (In order to maintain proper blog etiquette, I will call her Sister B.) In preparation for this special occasion, my VT companion, who is also a dear friend, arranged a wonderful outing where we all went to the church clothing store together to buy a white dress for Sister B. (My VT companion's name also starts with a B, so I guess I will have to call her Sister BB.) Sister T who is Sister B's VT companion (and a dear friend too) came with us also. We all had the best time.

After we bought the cutest dress for Sister B, we all went to Sister Queen's for lunch. (I know for certain that Sister Queen won't mind at all if I tell you her first name is Dairy.)

Anyway, on our fun outing, we started discussing the rumor that the escalators in the temple would soon be replaced by stairs. I said I would miss the escalators because I always thought about riding to heaven when I used them.

Sister T (who is so much more spiritual than I am) said she would appreciate the new stairs because they would remind her that we have to put in our own effort every step of the way to heaven.

Sister BB said she would just take the elevator. (I just luv Sister BB.)


Now if the escalators are gone when we go in March, Sister B and I will have to decide if we will take the stairs with Sister T or the elevator with Sister BB?

Thank goodness for stairs, escalators and elevators, and that there is a Way provided for us to get to our desired destination.

Special thanks to Caitlin for the photo-realistic renderings of my friends and me on our memorable outing.

6 comments:

  1. Well, I hope that you are able to figure out your dilemma! Thanks for sharing, I do VERY MUCH miss you and your humor! ~~ BB (but not the Sister BB in the story!!)
    P.S. Catlin did a great job of illustrating your outing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet reminder of what this life is all about. And Caitlin, not only are you a babe, but you're a talented babe!

    Juli

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am firmly in the elevator camp, and it is like a Shabbat elevator and is already in operation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so funny! I love the pictures Caitlin. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Portland temple has never had escalators and is so very quiet! I wonder if the fact that I see them working on the escalators a lot has anything to do with the stair rumor or if the desire for quiet has more to do with it. By the way, how do you put in stairs once you have had escalators? What a big job!

    ReplyDelete