Sunday, February 8, 2009

Random Acts of Blogging

I have it on good authority, that a person in California (but probably not one of my sisters) did not know how to say their name in Pig Latin. Having once attended grade school myself, I understand how vital that skill is. Luckily this victim of such an unfortunate circumstance had Internet access allowing them to Google, "how to say your name in Pig Latin." Low and behold, my little blog came up as the first hit!!! (BTW-it only works if you include the quotation marks.) Since my blog gives the link to http://www.isthisyour.name/, it was actually a helpful source to this person in immediate need of internet guidance. I am so proud of my unintentional random act of blogging kindness, I may just have to mention it when I report my visiting teaching this month.

Also, it has come to my attention, that I am one of the few people in the great big world of blogging (or on the whole Internet for that matter) that has discussed the chinstrap penguin as a personal power animal. I always knew I would have a claim to fame someday, that somehow I would make a unique but significant contribution to humankind. Now it is through random acts of blogging that I have achieved this (albeit momentary) moment of notoriety.

So, armed with the knowledge that occasionally someone does actually read my blog and may even in a rare instance gain valuable information from it, I have decided to start a blog about singing. (Now, my biggest fear is that someone interested in singing may actually read it.) You are welcome to take a peak, or even visit it on occasion. It's called The Legato Line.

Anyone who knows me, knows I like to talk about music. Actually, I long to talk about singing and the things I learn as I study and teach much more than anyone really wants to listen. This blog will give me the chance to do that, and maybe if I throw in the words "chinstrap penguins" and "personal power animals" enough, I will get a few readers.

Seriously though, isn't it interesting how much the Internet is changing our lives? It is so much easier to learn things, to communicate, to express ourselves and to find others with similar interests with whom to e-socialize.

I have a goal that each day I will wonder about something and google it. I call it, "The Daily Wonder." So, I'm curious, What do you google?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Melinda. I'm glad you found my little blog so I could find yours too! In case you were wondering, I too know that my power animal is the chinstrap penguin as well. Who would have guessed?

    As for googling. I search a lot for things about pregnancy right now. And food. I swear there's no connection....ok, maybe there is. Photography is a high on the list too. Although that always has been. It's not pregnancy related as far as I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad to see that I can link to another great persons site whom my family has been friends with for some time. I am glad you have these posts and that we are able to share news about Katie and her growing family.
    We seem to google about lots of random things. Rules to games we have lost the instructions to, locations we have heard about and might want to visit, etc. I should probably not mention this but we also seem to google on subjects we are trying to show we know something about. For instance if we are having a conversation about the medicinal properties of bananas and the rest of the family just doesn't believe they are all that wonderful, the computer and google are immediatly consulted. I guess there are a lot of opinionated people in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I google everything. Recipes, photography stuff, photoshop stuff, blogger stuff, clothes, house wife stuff, people, games... everything.

    ReplyDelete